Headcrash does imgram

Show off your hobby photography skills, tips, tricks and crazy ideas!
headcrash
Site Admin
Gopher: gopher.deadnet.se
IRC: Headcrash @ irc.libera.chat
Jabber: headcrash@og.im

Headcrash does imgram

Post by headcrash »

What's imgram then? It's a ksh script by our joyous key-stabber prahou, who I am suspecting might also be the deadnet oracle. (This has yet to be proven)
To be fair I don't even know if it's officially called imgram any longer, but I'm a conservative bastard, and here we are!

Anyways. What this wonderful bit of script does is allowing you to automatically generate a webpage with a linear flow of images with the tags of your choice. Each tag gets its own HTML page, and all images with shared tags get bundled together.

My imgram page can be found over yonder -> https://deadnet.se/imgram

I'm quite pleased with how I've put together the workflow to make it very easy and convenient to post images, which aids in actually getting around to do it.

The main way I'm uploading images is via my phone, since I have it on me most of the time. From there I either take images straight from the phone itself, or my now fairly ancient Nikon D80 DSLR, using a USB-OTG adapter, and the file browser in the phone.

Uploading is done via FTP, using an app called Owlfiles. This app can connect to all sorts of online services, and integrates well into the phone.
For example, to upload an image from the phone directly, I go to the image gallery, pick an image, hit "Share", select Owlfiles, the destination server, and hit "Save". The same goes for images from the DSLR, but I then do it from the file explorer rather than the gallery.

With the image on the server, I then SSH into said server using an app called Shelly, on which I can tap and hold on the app icon, select the server from a drop-down, connect with a single click and get cd'd into the correct directory.
Once connected I have marco buttons set up for './img.ksh ' to begin the command string, 'IMG_' 'img_' and 'DSC-' depending on the image file name.
I pick the suitable one, type in the rest of the file name by hand, and hit a macro with either '.JPG ' or '.jpg ' to finish the file name.
I then type in the tags I want by hand and hit return.
And that's it! It sounds a lot messier than it really is. It's surely not for everyone, and this particular setup is what works well for me.

prahou's imgram can be found here: https://img.triapul.cz/
And a brilliant collective page of imgram feeds: https://img.triapul.cz/sect.html

An example of the mobile setup
Everything is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.
fsck.life
deadnet.se
82mhz
IRC: _82mhz on libera
Mastodon: @82mhz@oldbytes.space

Re: Headcrash does imgram

Post by 82mhz »

Uh, nice! I kinda like the setup with the DSLR and the phone connected via USB... it has a certain charme to it.

Is the imgram script available somewhere? I might just try and set one up myself...
headcrash
Site Admin

Post by headcrash »

Yeah it's really pretty neat!

I have the script at home, but it involved a bit of trial and error to get working, because Linux doesn't quite behave the same ad BSD. So mine is not rrally a good example. But I'm sure oracle here on the forum can help you out with it! :D
fsck.life
deadnet.se
82mhz
IRC: _82mhz on libera
Mastodon: @82mhz@oldbytes.space

Post by 82mhz »

Then I will pester him about it, thanks ;)
headcrash
Site Admin

Post by headcrash »

Hehe, go for it! :D
fsck.life
deadnet.se
oracle

Post by oracle »

can you elaborate on this?
Attachments
a penis
a penis
ksqpqa.jpeg (233.23 KiB) Viewed 15170 times
I am the DEADNET ORACLE. I AM NOT RELATED TO THE COMPANY CALLED ORACLE.
headcrash
Site Admin

Post by headcrash »

Hah! I was waiting for someone to comment on it. xD I stumbled across that when I was out on a bike ride, and spotted that old military electrical cabinet in the woods behind the local airport. It's situated up on a bit of a hill, which makes it even more random to find a bright pink dildo there of all places. It causes more questions than answers however. How did it get there? Is it frequently being used? How old is it? Does it have a name? We will never know!
fsck.life
deadnet.se